Covid 19 Guidance
Covid 19 Secure ‘Play Safe’ Guidelines
Please ensure you read the LTA’s Guidance For Tennis Players, maintain social distancing (2 metre rule) before, during and after play and practice public health advice for hygiene before playing on our courts.
No one should leave home to participate in tennis if they, or someone they live with, has symptoms of COVID 19. If you have symptoms of Covid 19, you should follow the NHS and PHE guidance on self-isolation and the Government’s ‘test and trace’ guidelines, which can be read on the Gov.uk website.
1. Both singles and doubles play is permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as you remain 2 metres apart as far as possible- four people from different households can play doubles.
2. For informal social play, group size is limited to a maximum of six people (or two households) by law. This means you can play tennis providing you only meet up with no more than 5 other people from different households and observe social distancing guidelines.
Hygiene, Facilities and Equipment
1. Hand hygiene is imperative. Members should bring hand sanitiser and use at regular intervals, particularly after touching communal surfaces, and clean hands before play and immediately after finishing. Avoid touching face.
2. The club run an unmanned facility and without any staff it is impossible to clean all common touch points; court gates, brooms (left to sweep debris), benches, net measuring sticks and net winder. Avoid contact where possible.
3. Nets: The nets have been set at the appropriate height to avoid players having to adjust them. Do not drop the nets at the end of play. (The net measuring sticks should only be used if you think they need adjusting.)
4. When using the portaloo, players are advised to take particular care and clean hands thoroughly after use with hand sanitiser.
(Key for the toilet marked ‘Tennis Club Only’ located in the green floodlight token box on the lower courts. )
5. Avoid using your hands to pick up tennis balls that aren’t yours – use your racket/foot to hit/kick them to return them to another court.
Social Contact and Court Access
1. Limit social interactions with anyone outside the group you are playing with, even if you see other people you know, during your visit to the courts.
2. Maintain social distancing of 2 metres at all times from arrival at car park to departure, arriving as close as possible to when you need to be there.
3. Allow others to leave before you enter the court – if you need to wait then do so away from the courts and clear of the gates.
4. Ensure you leave the court before the end of your allotted time so that it is empty for the next players.
5. Avoid congregating on or around the court after playing to allow access for others.
Online Court Booking
1. No turn up and play.
2. Court to be booked in advance using the Online Court Booking system.
3. The club is required to have a record of players at our venue to assist NHS Test and Trace. Names of all participants must be added when booking.