Covid 19 Guidance
Covid 19 Secure ‘Play Safe’ Guidelines
Please ensure you read the LTA’s Guidance For Tennis Players, adhere to the Government’s social distancing guidelines (staying at least 2 metres away from others) and practice public health advice for hygiene before playing on our courts.
1. Both singles and doubles play is permitted with people from outside of your household, as long as you remain 2 metres apart as far as possible- four people from different households can play doubles.
2. No club sessions.
Facilities, Equipment and Hygiene
1. Hand hygiene is imperative. Members should bring hand sanitizer and use before play and immediately after finishing.
2. The club run an unmanned facility and without any staff it is impossible to clean all common touch points. Players must clean hands after touching court gates, brooms (left to sweep debris), benches, net measuring sticks and net winder. Avoid contact where possible.
3. Nets: The nets have been set at the appropriate height to avoid players having to adjust them. Do not drop the nets at the end of play. (The net measuring sticks should only be used if you think they need adjusting.)
4. When using the portaloos, players are advised to take particular care and clean hands thoroughly after use with hand sanitiser.
(Key for the left hand toilet in the green floodlight token box on the lower courts. The right hand toilet is left unlocked by the council.)
5. If you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play.
Avoid using your hands to pick up tennis balls that aren’t yours – use your racquet/foot to hit/kick them to your opponent or return them to another court
1. Maintain social distancing of 2 metres at all times from arrival at car park to departure.
2. Arrive as close as possible to when you need to be there.
3. Allow others to leave before you enter the court – if you need to wait then do so away from the courts and clear of the gates.
4. Ensure you leave the court before the end of your allotted time so that it is empty for the next players.
5. Avoid congregating on or around the court after playing to allow access for others.
Online Court Booking
1. No turn up and play.
2. Court to be booked in advance using the Online Court Booking system.
3. The club is required to have a record of players at our venue to assist NHS Test and Trace. Names of all participants must be added when booking.